Veigar Mid Lane Guide
This Veigar guide will cover how to effectively play Veigar in the mid lane so you can get to 1000 AP and destroy the enemy team. This Guide will include runes, builds, spells, and skill priorities, bans, and SKINS.
This is the most common Veigar rune set. You want to run predator, taste of blood, eye ball collection, and ingenious hunter. For secondary, you want to run manaflow band, and transcendence. Predator allows Veigar to make up for his lack of MS.
- Rune Page
Summoner Spells (Loadout)
Flash and Teleport work the best. TP allows you to return to lane faster allowing you to get more CS resulting in more Phenomenal Evil stacks.
- New Group
This is how I usually upgrade when I play Veigar. You can do it other ways, but before I max W, I usually put 2 or 3 points in E.
- Skill Path
You start Doran's Ring and health pots. The first item you wanna buy is a lost chapter. This will solve all your mana problems and allow you to stay in lane longer, getting more farm. You can either go Sorc Shoes or CDR boots, I usually go CDR boots so you can fire more abilities in team fights and be more useful. Cosmic drive will also give you more ms and ability cooldowns which is even better.
- Item Set 1
People with Dashes and mobility that lets them get out of your Cage are your worst matchups. For example, Qiyanna with her dashes will make it harder for you to cage her if she plays it right. She will dash out of your cage when the animation is going up. To counter them, you need to play around their cooldowns. Taking the Qiyanna example from before, the perfect time to cage a Qiyanna is right after she uses her W. If she is not in range of your minions to use her E, then it will make it almost impossible for her to escape the cage when you cage her (assuming she doesn't flash).
Like said before, you want to ban people who can easily escape your cage. I personally ban fizz or zed. Fizz usually all ins level 3 and with his E, he can go through the cage. Zed can just use his W to teleport out of the cage too. Other bans can be Katarina, Qiyanna, Anivia, Cassiopeia, Kassadin, and others. Assasins and their burst are Veigar's weakness. Tanks are also sometimes hard to deal with since you might need multiple combos to kill one.
Entire Game tips:
- Always use your Q to farm
- You want to average around 10 CS per minutes
- NEVER MISS CANNON MINIONS WITH YOUR Q, THEY ARE WORTH 3 STACKS
- When going into a fight, make sure you are with teammates, landing a cage and killing one of the enemy champions can determine a fight
- Participate in fights near you, you get the PE stacks from hitting the champions and more XP and gold
Early Game tips (1-6):
- Play campy and annoying near tower and just farm. Only trade when you know you win the trade (since you still get the PE stacks), but also focus on farm
- If your jungler is coming to gank, have your cage ready, if you land the cage, it is a free kill
- Once, you hit level 6, you have some kill pressure. If you successfully land a E, Q, W combo and you see they are around 33% health, the R will execute
- If you can get some kills, you will be much better mid and late game
Mid Game tips (6-11):
- Continue farming
- Push objectives with your team and get some kills too
- If your team is fighting, then try to isolate an enemy champion with your cage, this will make it a 5v4 if you guys can kill the caged
Late Game tips (11-18):
- Assuming you followed the previous tips, you should be near or at 1000 AP
- CTRL ALT DELETE, show no mercy, kill them all, you can basically kill everybody on their team
- Win the game and proceed to spam "GG EZ" in the all chat until the enemy team gets tilted; if they aren't already >:)
Now the most important part; SKINS
In my opinion, the best Veigar skins are (in this order):
1. Final Boss Veigar
2. Omega Squad Veigar
3. Furry Cosplay Veigar
4. Astronaut Veigar
5. Elderwood Veigar
6. Bad Santa Veigar
Those are the skins that are worth buying.All the other Veigar skins aren't as good quality and don't really differ that much from regular Veigar.
If you want to check out all the Veigar skins, you can watch this really good video of them (I didn't make it, just found it):
Thx for reading this guide :)