Season 12, Quinn Guide
Hello, welcome to my guide! My name is Stoyan and I am Diamond 1 in the Europe Nordic and East server with 2 million mastery points on her. I am playing in EUNE, EUW, TR. About 75% of my mastery points are in one account.
+ Strong early game | -Squishy
+ Two hard CC abilities | -Weak to hard CC
+ Self-peel | -Relies on cooldowns
+ High mobility/roam potential | -Difficult playstyle
+ Huge burst | -Expensive build
+ Great pick potential | -Minimal defense from CC
+ Versatility (Can be played viably on 4 roles) |
- AGAINST HARD BRUISERS
- AGAINST SQUISHIES
- AGAINST BRUISERS / POKE MATCHUPS
- TANKIER RUNES
- Standart - Crit
- Situational - Lethality
- Passive - Harrier
- Q - Blinding Assault
- W - Heightened Senses
- E - Vault
- R - Behind Enemy Lines
- W MAX/CRIT
- Q MAX/CRITHALITY
- Q MAX/BURST
A basic attack that is not interruptible is classified as having an uncancellable windup. Basic attacks with uncancellable windups are only stopped by Death, Silence, Polymorph,
- 'sAphelios- (Severum);Weapon Abilites
- 'sBlitzcrankPower Fist
- 'sCamille;Precision Protocol
- 'sDarius;Crippling Strike
- 'sDr. Mundo;Blunt Force Trauma
- 'sFizz;Seastone Trident
- 'sGalio;Colossal Smash
- 'sGaren;Decisive Strike
- 'sGragas;Drunken Rage
- 'sGwen(the attack that grants the second or third cast);Needlework
- 'sIllaoi(only within her base attack range);Harsh Lesson
- 'sJhin(fourth shot, only against champions);Whisper
- 'sKalista;Martial Poise
- 'sKassadinNether Blade
- 'sKayle;Starfire Spellblade
- 'sMaokai;Sap Magic
- 'sNasus;Siphoning Strike
- 'sNidalee;Javelin Toss / Takedown
- 'sSamira;Daredevil Impulse
- 'sSeraphine;Stage Presence
- 'sSona;Power Chord
- 'sShyvanain Dragon Form;Twin Bite
- 'sSylas;Petricite Burst
- 'sVi;Relentless Force
- 'sVolibear;Thundering Smash
- 'sWukong;Crushing Blow
- 'sXin Zhao;Three Talon Strike
- 'sYorick;Last Rites
- 'sYuumiBop 'n' Block
- You must balance harassing the enemy with farming. If you just farm, then you are wasting your advantage. If you harass too much, you will miss out on creeps and put yourself at a disadvantage. Striking a good balance is critical!
- Attacking the enemy will draw minion aggro onto you (the enemy minions will start attacking you instead of your minions). Minion aggro hurts and early game it can even kill you. After harassing the enemy, walk into a bush. Because the enemy minions lose sight of you, they'll go back to attacking your minions and you'll lose the aggro.
- Use your level one to poke down the enemy.
- Try to get level two first and then use that advantage to get some good damage off on the enemy or even secure a kill
- Focus on farming and harassing the enemy
- If they are low from your harass, go for the kill
- Once you get your ultimate, roam!
A good strategy is to wait in the top-lane bushes until the enemy laner comes. You walk out of the bush, proc
Once you reach level 6, you can use ult to fly back to lane quicker. This means that if you are low, you can back and fly back to lane without worrying about losing too much creeps. I want to make this note that I don't like to roam much early game on
In the mid game, people leave their lanes to go take objectives such as dragon/baron/herald or towers. This is also the stage in the game where teamfighting take place. In the mid game, you have two options: Teamfighting and Splitpushing. You should be doing a combination of both with rotations in between, but the balance between the two may change depending on your game situation. The most important goal of the top lane is to transfer your early lead into objectives and securing kills for your teammates. If your team has had a bad start, the mid game is also your chance to make a comeback.
- In teamfights, either murder their carries or stay in the back and deal damage.
- Make sure you use ,Control Ward,Stealth Wardwhen splitpushing.Farsight Alteration
- There are times where splitpushing is better, but there are also times when teamfighting is the way to go. You must decide what is better for your team.
- In the mid game, you will either be doing a combination of splitpushing and teamfighting with rotations in between.
Late game is usually somewhere around 35-40 minutes and longer. Many games will end before you get to the late game, but there are expectations. At this point in the game you will be nearly full build. You should have taken down several towers and dragons, maybe even a Baron. This is the point in the game where you should be actively looking to destroy the Nexus and finish the game. However, if you're behind, it's best to defend against the enemy and wait for them to make a mistake or for someone to get caught out. This presents an opportunity to get objectives and perhaps even end the game. Remember, the longer the game goes on, the longer the death timers get. Being able to catch their ADC out of position might result in 50-60 seconds of 4v5, which could then lead to an ace. If this happens, you have about 50-60 seconds to end the game, which is enough time. While waiting for an opportunity, stick together and don't stray too far away on your own, as you will be an easy pick for the fed enemy team.
On the other hand, you want to avoid this situation when your team is ahead of the enemy team. Make sure you are not caught out of position yourself. A silly mistake might be the end of the game for you and your team. Instead, you want to focus on pushing towers. Your team is ahead, so unless you have bad teamfighting composition, you should win teamfights. If the enemy has a lot of wave clear and you are finding pushing towers hard, take Baron. Contesting it will be a risky move for the enemy team. However, you are also at risk of Baron being stolen from you, so always try to take it when the enemy is defending or dead. Baron is a great way to close down the game.
If both teams are equal in terms of strength, then you have to wait for an opportunity. A opportunity could be - killing the jungler, killing most fed enemy and etc. If you don't make mistakes, you can't lose. But in order to win, you have to use the mistakes of your enemies.
- If behind, defend and look for opportunities created by the enemy making mistakes. Keep your lanes pushed up and look for picks (e.g. the enemy ADC is farming your jungle alone). Catch someone out of position, fight 4v5 and then end the game.
- If ahead, push towers, take Baron or look for kills (which should be easy as you should be in control of the map). Try not to make stupid mistakes.
- If equal in power, make sure you don't make stupid mistakes while you are waiting for the enemy to make one.
I'll add all top lane matchups, but these are for now.
- Top Lane
Hopefully, this guide has helped you in some way. If you have any questions, queries, suggestions or feedback just write a comment and I will do my best to respond. If you dont like something in the guide I would be grateful if you left a comment saying why, so I can take your opinion into account and consider making changes.
Special thanks to inspirations from QuinnAD, a Challenger Quinn OTP on NA, LAS and BR. Thanks to QuinnAD for teaching all his followers a lot of intricacies with
My social medias:
- Twitch - https://twitch.tv/xthisisstoyan
- YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5ZoUWA5zDfpdxypeK1zNpw
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/xthisisstoyan
QuinnAD's social medias:
- Twitch - https://twitch.tv/quinnad
- YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/QuinnADC
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/ADCQuinn
Hello! My name is Stoyan, I'm from Bulgaria and I am Quinn OTP. My rank in solo queue is Diamond 1. I'm playing in EUNE, EUW and TR.