S13 Lulu Support Guide
Quick Lulu AP Support Build
Best Overall Build
Recommend a rune path with the "/Rune Page" module below. Use "+" to add additional rune pages based on matchup, team comp, or role. If you'd like, explain your thinking under the module.
- Aery vs Engage
Hey guys, I'm Turtle. I've been masters for 2 seasons in a row now while playing at 300 ping on NA servers (due to being in India for the time being). I have also been a
I hope you find this helpful and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask in comments or come watch me stream and ask there and I will try my best to answer all questions.
Check out more of my content on my twitch and youtube!
Come by the stream and ask any questions you might have! I try to stream daily, and it always is content as I am climbing the ranks while being on 300 ping!
Lulu is situationally a strong pick. Lulu's niche is very reliant on your auto attack adc - hyper carries - due to speed and attack speed or specific junglers that can abuse her movement speed buffs or mid laners that also have high dps due to attack speed.
You hard counter dive team comps as protect comps counters it. Your team can start dragons and barons with the lulu speed and shields, so the enemy team would need to initiate. She is weak against poke comps. If you do not have a suitable jungler or adc, then don't pick lulu.
With your E, you counter stealth champions really well as using your E on them reveals them.
- Strong early game
- CCs on 3/4 skills
- Fits into almost any comp
- Amazing peel
- Engage/Disengage skills (with items as well)
- Great against assassins, anti-dive, and anti-stealth
- Short CD later into the game, scales well
- Relies on teammates
- Cannot start a fight by herself (opposite of engage supports finding picks alone)
- No sustain
- Decently high mana cost early in the game
Figure out priority targets to Polymorph/Knock up.
It will help you decide which abilities to use for which enemy abilities.
-Keep an eye out for channeled AOE abilities/ultimates
-Look at your botlane and the enemy botlane and see what the win conditions are for both sides.
Decide the proper support item for your lane.
During the laning phase, Lulu has the option to play defensive or aggressive since her kit can be used in both ways. In winning match ups, you can be using your abilities on the enemies to get off good trades and keep the pressure in lane. In harder match ups, you want to be using your abilities to keep you and your adc alive. Once you understand this about the champion, your laning phase will become much easier to play.
As soon as you get to lane, you need to walk up and harass the enemy laner. It’s important that you hit level 2 before or at the same time as the enemy. You need to hit level 2 otherwise the enemy may look for an all in while you’re level 1, and hitting 2 will make it more difficult for the enemy to kill you.
The goal is to get Lulu out of the laning phase and into mid-late game where enchanters start to scale and actually become a lot more impactful.
In the Mid game, your goal is to move around the map and match the enemy, keep your allies alive and provide heals and shields to your teammates. As Lulu is an utility support, you need to be with your carries at all times. You should never leave them alone, nor should you be alone during the mid-game unless you are making your way to your team.
Your job is to have vision around objectives so you are able to see the enemies from any of the possible angles so there is no sudden threat. Make sure to pay attention to who your main carry (or carries) are and try to stick near them. You want to keep these champions alive at all costs if you want to win the fights. While you are playing for your team, you also want to make sure to recognize who the main threats are on the enemy team so you can cc them and not let them do their job.
Understanding win cons for both teams is how you will excel on Lulu because then you will know who will help you carry and who on the enemy team can stop you from winning. You want to enable your teammates while disabling the enemies.
- Glitterlance can be fired at odd angles depending on where your cursor is
- Consider casting Help, Pix! on ranged attackers for the Pix boost and Wild Growth on Tanks or Fighters for the added initiation power.
- The shots from Lulu's faerie can be intercepted; hide behind your minions to avoid the additional Faerie attacks.
- Lulu excels when opponents heavily commit.
- Lulu's kit makes her available to be a top, mid laner or support role.
- Cast Help, Pix! on ranged minions before Glitterlance to perform a long distance poke.
- Her passive is useful when you decide to poke enemies and push the lane attacking minions. If you have 2 minions in a row and you attack the farthest one from you, Pix will attack the nearest one (so you deal damage to two minions instead of one)
I hope this guide helps you learn
I will be keeping this guide updated as any buffs/nerfs happen to her, or if there are any changes in the meta.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments or you can reach me on my streams. Come check me it out if you get the chance!
Thank you for reading this guide!
Consistently reaching masters on NA servers with 300 ping. Going for GM/Chally in S13.