Lucian Light's Justice
I am an ADC and Jungle main. Lucian has been one of my most consistent picks since his release back in 2013. I love his fast paced playstyle between a fighter, marksman assassin and a bit of a spell master. I really enjoy his theme - Lucian is like a DPS Paladin but with guns which makes him even more fun to play.
Lucian is a great pick for solo queue - he can be played in a few ways depending on the enemies composition and in the same time stay relevant through most of the game. He has great burst potential and can duel most champions in the game. His high DPS is great for securing and taking objectives quick and easy.
- Has great burst damage | Especially withPress the Attack
- He is a Strong Lane Bully with his( Q ) andPiercing Light( E ) | even more than before after Patch 12.4 with the reduced mana costRelentless Pursuit
- Very mobile with( E ) andRelentless Pursuit( W ) and has great outplay potential even when the odds are against him | This gives him great 1 VS 1 and even 1 VS 3 potential.Ardent Blaze
- Pretty good wave clear | especially because of Q and his passive.
- Can be played in various roles and playstyles such as ADC, MID and Top.
- Can help secure objectives because of his Burst Damage
- Has a bit of a mana problem, especially in the early to mid game | Hopefully with Patch 12.4 this is a bit less of an issue.
- Short Range | Around 500 Range which makes him one of the lowest ranged ADC's in the game. Still in some situations you can neglect his short range with.Rapid Firecannon
- His Ultimatecan be a bit hard to aim at times | Especially if the enemies are mobile or have ways to block itThe Culling,Samiraetc. Lucians ultimate can be also blocked from opposing minions and champions.Yasuo
- Lucian relies on aggressive playstyle in the early game to get ahead and snowball.
- If you fall behind its hard to come back especially in the late game.
Runes may differ from playstyle to playstyle but here I will be listing the once that I think best fit him as a champion ( The once that I use :D )
- PTA 1
- PTA 2
- PTA 3
- Precision Runes
- Inspiration Secondary
- Domination Secondary
- Sorcery Second
If you want to make
You can even try going Assassin Lucian. For Primary Runes you will go
Now after patch 12.4 Lucian can kind of go for a bit more versatile Secondary Rune choice. Still the changes are minimal and I believe he still suffers from mana deficiency in the early to mid game, so I do recommend still going for Inspiration or even Sorcery as secondary.
I usually go
Lucian is heavily dependent on his skills, so you will need to use them wisely and in synergy with one another. Following up each skill with auto attacks is another key thing for Lucian.
This will be your main skill order.
- Skill Path
This Rotation is usually used in lane and is best if you can start with your autoattack (AA)
- Quick and Short - AA + Q +AA
- Short extended with a dash - AA + Q +AA + E + AA
- Extended - AA + Q + AA + E + AA + W +AA
- Full Rotation - AA + Q +AA + E +AA +W + AA + E + AA
This Rotation is a bit faster because your W doesnt have as long of a cast time as Q
- Quick - W + AA / AA + W +AA
- Extended - W + AA + E + AA + Q + AA
- Full Rotation - W + AA + E +AA + Q + AA + E + AA
Typically used to follow an ally's CC or when chasing down targets.
- Quick - E + AA + Q + AA
- Extended - E + AA + Q +AA + W + AA
- Full Rotation - E + AA + Q + AA + W + AA + E + AA
Very simple - Start with W
Lucian is a burst high mobility ADC so you will want to look for items which best help him push those traits even further.
Lucians Build and Play Style varies depending on the enemy team and of course what you feel most comfortable to play him as.
Anti Tank and Bruiser ( Fighter ) Build
You can swap
Versus Assassins and Burst Champions
In rare situations you can go
Versus Champions with very high Poke potential
You can take
You will need to master his dash
- Lucian is one of the best if not the best early to mid game attack damage carries. Just after a few kills he can become and absolute monster and dominate Bot lane.
- Look to snowball and capitalize on the early game as much as possible. You have great poke potential and can be a lane bully.
- Playing pretty aggressive with Lucian ( especially with a strong CC Support ) is important. You have great duel potential with this champion so getting close and personal with the enemy is not a problem. Try and get on into their faces and punish every mistake they make.
- You have a great all-in potential. When playing with a poke, all-in or CC support along side you is ideal. In many games you will be able to utilize your strong level 3 and take an early kill or two.
- Be mindful of when and how you use your dashsince the cooldown is pretty high early game and you suffer from lack of mana. If you are sure you wont get punished for using your cooldown, go for a E + AA + Q + AA combo.Relentless Pursuit
- Poke enemies with your Qeven trough minions and try and follow with your double auto attack.Piercing Light
Observing the opponents and looking for potential moments to poke and damage them is extremely important. Capitalize on every possible mistake they make and don't let them fell safe around you.
- This is were every fight counts so you will need to win them all and end the game.
- Having 2 or 3 key items will make you a very dangerous opponent.
- Look to rotate mid and claim objectives.
- Pick off squish targets and be present for teamfights . Poking enemies, picking them off and forcing them to recall will make a huge difference.
- Use your dueling potential to its fullest.
As Lucian you have a few options on what you want to do in the mid game. One of the common scenarios is to swap with mid lane. You don't want to split gold and XP so your Mid laner will need to move to the side lane. Another thing you can do in mid and even late game is go for objectives. Try and be present for Dragons, Rift and Baron. You high damage output can be the difference between a won fight or/and conquered objective. Don't stay in one place too long, use your high mobility and help when and where you can. Secure a tower or two, take a dragon with your jungler, pick of a lonely enemy. Doing all of this will help you and your team tremendously.
- Lucian's late game isn't terrible but you still fall behind a bit.
- Picking of squish champions is still important but it will be harder and you will have less opportunities to do so.
- Poke before engagements and when teamfights start try and focus the back line ( squishy targets, ADC, APC etc. ).
Despite all of the above you should not forget that your a squishy ADC at the end of the day. Be mindful of enemy spells, especially once that can lock you in place or hard CC. Respect the adversaries range and damage. Use your high mobility and early/ mid game damage and dominate the game.
In my experience Lucian is a pretty well-rounded champion against most matchups. You will be able to win lane against commonly picked champions as
In general champions with lots of stuns or/and movement speed disruptions/snares. Tanks go well with Lucian as well because they can block lots of damage while you burst down the enemy. In addition champions who can empower / proc Lucians passive
Jungle and ADC main :D. Vi is my favourite champion in the game.