Lane bully your opponent as Kled and take over the game
Best Overall Runes
Best Overall Build
Hi i'm NuVidChiu and i'm playing league since season 8 on the euw server. I peaked silver 2 in season 11 and i main toplane.
As an average top enjoyer i suggest toplane as start for playing all macro concepts you can learn playing this game. The difference between a good top player and a great one is just this! spoiler: i'm not!
I've spent many hours playing this champ and i found it really fun, doing this on repeat i wanna truly share what i learned about it. If you want to read just for curiosity, do it and i will try give you all i know about in few minutes.
Starting from the runes pregame you wanna choose between lethal tempo and conqueror according to the enemy composition and your direct opponent. My go to in the rune pages are precision for primary and resolve for secondary. Let's talk about the primary runes:
- What makes Conqueror a strong rune on Kled? The healing and the easy way you can stack it with the violent tendencies (W). Once stacked it allows to joke your opponent remounting healing with very low health. When i wanna pick it over lethal tempo? When the enemy comp has not burst like assassins and i wanna play long teamfights or your enemy laner is going to take conqueror too. Kled as lane bully often outplays enemies just for stacking it faster. Cons of this rune page are that many other runes beat conqueror kled early game.
- Why go Lethal Tempo then? As said kled is an early game bully, lethal tempo is actually a nightmare for laners who face it. Makes kled early even more disgusting because allows him to last hit even with ranged autos. Often if demounted you will enjoy this playstyle running to the enemy with movement speed increased from your passive, and auto to death with W and last hit with ranged autos or Q (always when demounted).
In summary: Conqueror goes for late game and Lethal Tempo for abusing early. My go to in the first line or precision rune is always "triumph" it just makes so sense in teamfight and just to be clear "overheal" and "presence of mind" for me don't fit at all with Kled kit. On the second line according with enemy composition i like to pick "alacrity" or "tenacity" (when heavy cc are just so boring to deny you from playing the game). Last line of precision is actually (12.4) dominated from "Last stand", this rune is insane! It makes Kled do 11% dmg more on all spell and autos when Kled reaches 30% health. It's just not fair to the enemies get outplayed just from the rune to be honest. I don't hide from the fact that coupe de grace can be a good alternative if ever "Last stand" gets nerfed or "cut down" in a very improbable case in which the nerf happens and you are fronting a tank.
For the secondary rune few options in the resolve tree are:
- "Demolish", very strong in winning matchups grants free additional gold after killing your opponent. Risky if just starting to play him not knowing the matchups.
- "Bone plating", a must. Or if you feel that you don't wanna trade too much and play more passive "Second wind" is a good alternative, remind that kled has good enough engage and even ranged top laners can be (if played correctly) outplayed.
- "Unflinching", when the enemy comp is so ready to make your head explode from being cc'ed your go to in addition to "tenacity" is this rune.
For the 3 mini runes, is always attack speed and adaptive force. The last one is decided in your enemy laner and only by this. Remeber 7 more armor or magic resist make a HUGE difference early game!
Reassuming all my runes setup:
- I'm going late
- I like to end now
- CC -.-
As a lot of champions Kled has his personal preferences. For the spells i like to go for teleport and flash most of the times cause early stomp depends a lot on how you manage the wave and not losing much exp and gold from tower hitting your creeps. In late your teammates often will engage 4v5 in the middle of the map and you will be happy to say "i picked tp and i have ult up!". If instead the enemies have a comp without many bruisers/tanks you can go for ignite and just let them burn, Kled dont really needs additional damage but if you like it go for it!
Starters? Doran blade most of the time, even against hard matchups if they are not going to poke you in return. I personally take doran shield only if the enemy can hard poke me as teemo (matchup you should win but you cannot be not poked sometimes) or vayne.
What's Kled favourite mitic? Not hard to guess he needs ad and tankiness, Goredrinker is my favourite mitic item nowadays, it gives the right stats and can be fun to play with his active. Also Stridebreaker is viable but not really synergizes well with kled passive as the Gore does.
Sometimes your enemy's kit is very based on autos like Renekton,Riven and Fiora. So you get them with tabis. I like to anticipate the shoes buy before mitic completion against them expecially if i get a lead early. Also against Gwen and Mordekaiser mercury boots are a good choice, not best as against ad but are fine.
For the next items i recommend every game as second Titanic Hydra for the tankyness and wave clear, can be helpfull if you wanna split. And for third to choice between Sterak's Cage and Thornmail if the enemies are more healers i reccomend the second one. Going on the become very situational and not really helpfull as an early/mid game champ you dont wanna go necessarly 4th item but if you should i suggest Gargoile Stoneplate for the magic resist and the active that helps you survive longer in teamfight and against mages.
Here's my summary:
- Standard build
Q max is crazy strong, remember always how good is to deal at level 5 300 dmg with just one spell! W also strong but difficult to be up in every start of the trade due to farming and proc mechanism. I normally go just one level W second but if the enemy has a dash i level E second to stick on him and be ready to poke till level 3 when i can kill even a vayne or a teemo (Classic annoying matchups for other toplaners).
- W second
- E second
That's almost all, what's left? Ah yes the enemiesss. As i experienced there are not very impossible matchup in the game is just how good you and your jungle play. Kled in particular has a very strong effect due to his way of securing kills and run with his ult.
Some counters... and how to handle them:
- Tryndamere, his scaling does a bit less powerfull your influence on mid game. Remember you are stronger pre-6 and steelcaps do a lot to his dmg. Try to anticipate his e with your e to stick to him and after 6 roam as much as you can.
- Illaoi, why this champ... i wanted to write that she hurts too much. Avoid fighting her if your Q2 is not gone off. Anti heal is the secret against her. After 6 preserve e to escape her ult when launched and kill the tentacols during all laning phase as well!
96' Tecnology enthusiast