Ivern, the Green Father
I believe Ivern to be a great pick up for your jungle pool for a few very key reasons!
- First, as we have seen with the roaming Janna top that has come into meta this patch Ivern is exactly like that besides the fact hes not in top but can actually jungle.
- Next, he provides the same enchanter utility on a jungler allowing you to have a more aggressive and powerful bot lane combo such as Samira and Leona, or something more poke based such as Ezreal and Lux!
- Lastly, he will be provide incredible survive-ability for your team come late game not to mention an insane damage boost!
- One last secret peace of advise that people may not know is that, when Ivern gives his shield to an ally it is now their shield what this means is anyone with liandries will now have it applied on the explosion of Iverns shield providing more damage for your team!
I may not be a pro but, I have reached Diamond Two last season playing Jungle including Ivern of course. I have been playing sense season Three and have been increasing my knowledge of the game ever sense I was a hard stuck silver player! I have also been featured in many Streaming highlight channels such as Synapse! These clips are old as I haven't streamed in a while but Ive only gotten better!
So Lets dive on in with the most important step picking your runes there are Two main paths you want to go when picking runes for Ivern, lets start with the most common and effective choice Aery!
- Rune Page
- For Starters Aery is a great and almost always needed pick up for Ivern it allows his shields to be bigger and even allows for his damage to be buffed ever so slightly
- Next we have nimbus cloak this is really just the best choice out of all in the second part of this tree, Manaflow band does not provide any needed stats and Nullifying orb is purely situational against heavy AP!
- Third we have Transcendence almost as important as Aery providing us 10 Ability haste at level 8, combo that with our mythic and Cool down boot we are already at a very nice 58 Ability haste (37% CDR) one more item and we will be above 40% CDR which makes our shield incredibly spammable !
- Lastly, we have Water walking enabling us to run around the river faster and get in for those insane counter ganks!
- Moving into our Secondary we will most commonly take Debt Ivern can work off of very little gold really only needing 1 to 2 items to be a useful enchanter! Taking Debt lets you complete your items faster!
- The last rune we will be talking about it cosmic insight, this allows your active items such as Redemption or Mikaels Crucible to come off cool down faster.
- P.S There is a case to be made for the resolve tree secondary going font of life and Revitalize making your shields stronger and providing some healing when impairing enemies but I believe Aery offsets that and provides you with the extra shielding you want!
- Rune Page
- Our first rune here is Guardian now, the reason we don't take this over Aery is because we don't have full control over when it procs, if we use our shield on our front line and Guardian is down we aren't getting as much value as we could be on our next few shields allowing our back line to be more vulnerable.
- That being said Guardian is a great rune to take when you have One carry you need to keep alive a late game carry something like Kog'maw, Vayne or Jinx.
- Moving down we have Font of life your shield impairs enemies making it easy for your teammates to proc this and gain back some life during fights!
- Conditioning is just going to make us tankier past 10 minutes which will keep us alive in many situations
- Last Revitalize is half the reason you would pick this tree it is so good to have an extra 5% on your shield and if your target is lower than 40% health it is doubled to 10%!
- you're definitely going to want to take Cosmic insight and Debt here as you want your power spikes as early as possible missing aery you lose a lot of free extra shielding which you can gain back with items later.
Naturally with Iverns passive you'll be taking Flash/Smite!
- Summs (Role 1)
As you don't need your abilities to clear I like to wait until I am level two, to level up one of them you'll never know which ability you'll need if you're invaded!
- Skill Path
There are two main way I prefer to build Ivern and we will get into why each is important in a moment. The basic build will look something like this!
- Item Set 1
Pathing is an Important part of playing Ivern you path incredibly different than other Junglers so you need to know which lanes you want to be near at the end of clearing your jungle! As Ivern doesn't not kill camps you must Release them after his passive is done counting down!
If the bottom and mid lane provide the most ganking opportunity you need to path accordingly. (while you are walking between camps look at your lanes and see how they are doing and if you need to alter your pathing)
- Start at Blue mark it but do not smite!
- Go to wolves as gromp will not have spawned yet and we want to be as efficient as possible again not smiting wolves either.
- Go to gromp mark it and smite it this will give you mana and HP you need to mark your red side camps!
- Head into your Red side and mark Raptors and Red
- At this time wolves and Blue will have completed there count down and you can go collect those!
- Head back into your red side and collect your Raptors and Red
- Assess the situation do you have time to mark Krugs, are your lanes in a gankable position or do they have priority etc.
This fairly similar you do the opposite of the the previous pathing!
- Mark red Do Not Smite!
- Mark Raptors
- Mark Wolves
- Mark Blue and smite it will give you just enough mana and HP for marking gromp!
- Head back to the red side grab Red and Raptors (assess if you have enough time to mark Krugs this camp is the least important camp to Ivern as he does not fully benefit from it!)
- Head back to your Blue side to grab Wolves and Gromp and now youll be bottom side ready to gank on red side or youll be top side ready to gank if youre on Blue side!
As the meta is always changing we will go over the match-ups you'll see in 12.3
If you enjoy making the other team smash their keyboard and ping their own jungler this guy is for you! He absolutely loves saving his teammates with a last second shield or buffing the carries so hard they are a 1 v 9 Unkillable machine. He Excels in the jungle and providing the team with the ever so important role of an enchanter while still providing reliable ganks and very rewarding counter ganks!
Righting helpful guides because if I can reach Diamond Two you can too!