Guide to Pyke Mid
Best Overall Runes
Best Overall Build
Who am I?
Hello my name is Taxer and at the moment im going with the summoner name "A journeys end", I have been playing League of Legends since around season 4. My peak elo was Grandmaster and I've been Master elo since season 9. (Playing on EUW)
Why did I start playing Pyke mid?
Until Season 9 I used to main adc but since I mostly played solo I lost the motivation to play the role after being hardstuck diamond 5 for around 500 games in season 8. At MSI 2019 sololane Pyke got pretty popular and I thought I would give it a shot back then Pyke was pretty overtuned on sololane and felt amazing to play It took me 150 pyke games in 2 weeks to get from diamond 4 to Masters, since that day I have never had a champion that came close to how much fun im having with playing Pyke.
Pro's of Pyke midlane:
- One of the few champions that has solo carry potential even in season 12 (Via funneling team with gold and snowballing well yourself)
- Alot of ways to get back into the game
- Great for solo queue since the lack of communication
- Super frustrating to play against (Very likely to tilt the enemy team when you are ahead)
- Pretty much no need to be able to cs (Besides maybe first 10 minutes)
- Super fun to play and there are alot of mechanics you can learn
Con's of Pyke midlane:
- Falls behind pretty quickly
- Super squishy if not ahead
- Has to pay attention to summoner cd's (Flash/Heal) Items (Stopwatch/Zhonyas/GA) more then other champs
- Very bad 1v1 (If not feed)
- Gets punished if your other lanes are winning hard (Not able to roam not able to 1v1 enemy mid = getting super weak)
Pyke's power curve:
Pyke is really strong on early levels already (lvl 3+) so you are encuraged to go for early scirmishes with your jungler (2v2/3v3) but really takes off after lvl 6 where you want to start looking for catches with your jungler or roams since if you are not starting to generate gold with your ult fast enough you will be very dependent on your team quickly but if you get ahead your time to shine is pretty much until the 20-25 minute mark where teams start to group and you get dependent on your team to be able to do work.
(You can run relentless hunter over ultimate if you prefer that)
- My main Runepage
Both variants work out well I would recommend trying both to find out what better fits your playstyle but in some matchup tp is recommendet for example vs Twisted fate.
- Vs Ranged
- Vs Melee
If the enemy has no real ap dmg at all just use one of the 6th item alternatives to fit the slot. Also make sure to atleast buy stopwatch once a game (Recommendet if you have a big shutdown) to be able to get out of sticky situations.
- Standart build
Matchups and Synergies
Matchups that are Really hard or dodgeworthy and synergies that help you carry the game
Add New Item
On Pyke your ultimate isn't just a tool to finish people off you can also use the ult in other creative ways for example:
E+ R behind the enemy so the E stuns them
Little montage of myself:
( sadly only in this quality but will upload one in better quality soon )