Detailed Ezreal Eclipse Guide
Best Overall Runes
Best Overall Build
Welcome to my very first detailed guide on onlyguides.com My name is Lukke and im professional ADC coach. Mostly playing on EUW where I peaked 350 LP. So far I've been coaching for more than one year with with hundreds of satisfied students. In a past I've played others MOBA games like Dota 2 and Smite which helped me in League. I've been playing ADC since S6 and I'm basically playing every single ADC and I'm always trying to outsmart my opponents and get ahead with best runes and best possible build. This one was actually kinda random, because the most popular build (Crown) makes actually 0 sense (will explain later) in majority of games and after Trinity Force nerf I've decided to test new build - Eclipse Ezreal
So how do we wanna lane with Ezreal? Ezreal works extremely well with lane priority. If we have lane priority it is way easier to hit skillshots because they cannot hide behind the creeps but you can stand behind yours and zone them. If we cannot get lane priority it is still doable for us but we will obviously have a bit less stacks. Hiding behind creeps is really useful against all in supports (Pyke, Nautilus, Blitz, etc.)
Play around Cooldowns and learn them!
This one is extremely important and it applies to every single lane and every single matchup. If enemy team waste their cooldowns make sure to play agressive. If you or your support uses some of your spells you need to make sure you play a bit more passive for few seconds - otherwise you lose trade. Trying to learn for how long you can actually play agressive/passive will be helpful because you can apply this knowledge for every single game.
In majority of your games going for Conqueror and secondary domination is your best bet. Even tho in games that you are playing more eco style First Strike might be a bit better over all you will for sure achieve higher winrate with Conqueror runes page. Down I will explain why I've chosen these runes.
- Best one
- More eco
- Even though it got nerfed couple of times it is still one of the best if not the best rune for Ezreal. We need to know that we don't really care about stacking it fully because we don't need the healing. We care about AD.
- Conqueror gives you 2 stacks for every spell you hit and for autoattack it is 1 and since Ezreal is casting a lot of spells it is really easy to get a lot of AD from Conqueror.
- Ezreal needs a lot of mana there for PoM is really good for him and most reliable. Even though I'm huge fan of Overheal. PoM is basically must have on Ezreal.
- Triumph is just worse rune out of these for ADCs. I overall hate runes that requires you to get kills for it to be useful.
- Since we are basically not buying any lifesteal until later stages of game we really need a bit of it from Bloodline. Yes, you can play alacrity if you really feel like it but having some lifesteal is always good for ADC.
- For ADCs Cutdown is simple the best rune out of these 3. The reasoning behind it is pretty easy. You are not building any HP items, you are always underleveled to rest of the map and also our starting items are Tear or Long Sword so we can be proccing it since level 1 in some cases.
- Even since they removed AD from Coup de Grace this rune is kinda bad. I go it only in cases where I know that I will be building HP (Divine Sunderer Ezreal) and when I know I won't be low HP - because if I were low HP I would rather go Last Stand that is pretty underrated on ADC
- In patch 11.21 they buffed Ingenious Hunter base value from 10 to 20. So before if it was better to go Inpiration because we got item haste from Cosmic Insight anyways. But now Ingenious Hunter gives us more item haste which is insanely broken for Ezreal.
- Just so we are clear with haste I need to say this - Haste is better for lower cooldowns because we are able to use it more frequently (Tear and Sheen). Now imagine a champ that has 2 minutes cooldown on R - it has to feel nice to lower your R cooldown heavily right? Well not exactly because in many cases you are just sitting on that spell anyway.
- This way if we start with Tear we are able to fully stack our Muramana at 14 minute (if we get more stack then even sooner). And also it lowers cooldown of Sheen that we are spamming 24/7!
- Last but not least we also reduce cooldown for our trinket. And no we really don't need cookies for Ezreal.
- Like I said before we don't really need cookies on Ezreal (at least I've never struggled with my mana - I already have PoM for it).
- Future's Market helps us cheat completed items. Realistically speaking you want to use Future's Market around 2-5 times per game.
Summoner Spells are pretty easy and everyone basically know what to go.
- Heal is overall the most use and it is always good for lane and later stages.
- I would take Exhaust if I'm facing heavy all in lane (great against Tristana, Samira, etc.) or if I want to hard win 2v2 (Exhaust is better combat summoner spells since if you use Heal late it will get reduced by ignite).
- Cleanse if they have a lot of CC and you feel like you have to play more passive and TP if we want to match mage on botlane.
Skill Path once again pretty basic and there is nothing to talk about. Taking all 3 spells at lvl 3 just to maximize my damage.
- Skill Path
Here I will try to explain more in detail items that are good for Ezreal and also why.
- In majority of games I'm starting with Tear just to make sure I stack my Muramana extremely fast. But if I really need extra 10 AD and I know that there will be a lot of fighting I will do Long Sword start
- So you for sure saw Essence Reaver rush from many players but why is it actually bad? Well it is because of Sheen procc. Not a lot of players actually knows it but every sheen item has different procc.
- Basic Sheen is 100% base AD
- Trinity Force is 200% base AD
- Divine Sunderer is 150%-250% base AD
- Essence Reaver is 100% base AD + 40% bonus AD
- So as you can see we are paying a lot just for little bit of extra damage and on top of it we pay for crit that we don't need (lower crit numbers are worse overall)
- I did actually testing and If we go Muramana (280 stacks) + Sheen we do same damage as Essence Reaver + Long Sword (Essence Reaver is a bit cheaper). And NO - you don't buy Essence Reaver for infinity mana, you don't care anyways with muramana and almost fully stacked tear.
- Also if we buy Esence Reaver first we will awkwardly sit on fully stacked Tear (if we are not insanely fed).
- Serylda's Grudge - obviously great item for Ezreal. He loves all the stats - Haste, AD, pene%, slow (usually I go this item 3rd).
- Maw of Malmortius - After buffs this item is also extremely powerful now. If I face a lot of magic damage - this item is way to go. (you can sometimes go Maw as your 3rd item over Serylda if you dont need pene%).
- Blade of the Ruined King - Another decent item after buff that this item recieved. Remember one thing that is important. BotRK itself is not anti-tank item (bonus damage from BotRK is AD damage that will get reduced by armor = tanks buy armor). But if they stack HP and not stacking armor this item is great (or just simply after you finish Serylda).
- Since we wanna go Essence Reaver for best Sheen procc (we buy a lot of AD so the damage itself from Essence Reaver will be highest after we reach certain bonus AD number) we cannot buy Trinity Force or Divine Sunderer.
- Crown of the Shattered Queen is really overrated (on Ezreal). Okay we are recieving less damage but realistically speaking in majority of your games for long range caster this is bad item. On top of it we need bonus AD for Essence Reaver Sheen procc. (sometimes we can buy Liandry if they stack HP and we need a bit extra magic damage)
- Duskblade has no value because we have too much haste (as you propably know haste works exponentially = more you buy less you get). And crit mythics are kinda meh.
Most of the botlane matchups are decided by support so realistically speaking you can pick it to majority of matchups.
If you have any questions you can let me know on my Discord - Lukke#7602 or we can even set up coaching session.
Have a great one and good luck with climbing and have fun with this build!
Professional ADC Coach